IU Health – Joe & Shelly Schwarz Cancer Center
The Healthcare Group at MSKTD was uniquely positioned to lead the design of this important and exciting project. Our detailed understanding of the IU Health North Hospital and how staff, physicians, clinicians, patients and guests utilize the campus enabled us to work with all stakeholders and ultimately led to an efficient and unified design. The new Joe & Shelly Schwarz Cancer Center will be a 3-story facility encompassing 88,000 square feet featuring:
- First floor (39,837 SF) in/outpatient care for radiation-oncology, integrative health amenities, and IU School of Medicine research.
- Second floor (34,188 SF) outpatient care for infusion therapy, procedure, and clinic-based patients.
- Third floor (4,673 SF) electrical and service support for cancer center operations.
- Hospital Connector (9,500 SF) offering two-way circulation. Public space-allowing access to the hospital atrium. Private/staff circulation for inpatient transfers and material/supply management.
- Radiology (PET/CT and CT Simulator)
- Laboratory Services (7 semi-private blood draw stations)
- Infusion Therapy (16 semi-private bays and 4 private rooms)
- Radiation Therapy (2 Linear accelerator vault, HDR/brachytherapy vault, 4 exams)
- Oncology Therapy (21 exams & 4 procedure rooms
- Integrative health services
This cutting-edge cancer center is designed for future vertical expansion of up to three additional floors, aligns with the original masterplan for the North Hospital Campus, and is expected to open the spring of 2020.