Allen County War Memorial Coliseum & Expo Center
Expansions and Renovations
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Since 1986, MSKTD has designed and overseen more than $60.0 mil of new construction and renovations to this historic facility. Work has included the Exposition Center addition; arena renovations; Expo Center renovations; meeting room finishes; upgrades to MEP systems; acoustical & sound systems; and level 200 concourse renovations.
Noteworthy is the $30.0 mil “raising of the roof” arena and skybox expansion that enlarged and modernized the facility to compete with other regional venues. That project
- Enlarged the arena seating from 7,500 fixed seats to a capacity of over 10,000 seats.
- Built 24 arena suites and 300 club seats.
- Provided handicap accessibility throughout the Concourses and Arena.
- Upgraded the HVAC, lighting and electrical infrastructures to meet future needs and current codes.
- Enhanced all aspects of audio and video communications to provide multi-media interfaces with the Public.
- Installed new padded fixed seating and hockey dasher boards.
- Constructed a vehicle access corridor direct from the exterior to the Arena floor for large shows.