Project Manager-Higher Education Studio (Indianapolis)
Project Manager – Higher Education Studio
MSKTD & Associates is seeking a passionate registered architect to join our team as a Project Manager, reporting to the Principal in Charge. The ideal candidate will lead all aspects of projects and oversee a talented team to ensure successful outcomes. If you are enthusiastic about architecture and have significant experience working in and managing higher education design, consider joining our Indianapolis-based Higher Education studio and becoming an integral part of our team!
Working with MSKTD, you will:
- Manage a range of medium- to large-scale architectural projects, working with a team of architects and other disciplines to schedule, plan, design and deliver successful projects of a complex nature
- Establish and execute project work plans that lead to successful outcomes by strategizing and managing risk mitigation, project delivery and financial performance
- Negotiate project scope and fees, establishing contractual relationships within the overall project team, including consultants, and managing production and quality, fees and project accounts
- Develop and define project schedules to meet contractual obligations and to match team size and skill, establishing and updating project staffing requirements consistent with contractual obligations
- Cultivate positive client relationships, working as the client’s advocate by identifying and balancing expectations within the context of contractual obligations, corporate goals and client satisfaction
- Communicate with project participants, clients, owners, contractors, internal staff and consultants in an effective and collaborative manner to ensure professionalism and quality documentation, while providing consistency throughout the project
- Assure technical, administrative and scheduling targets are met and in accordance with applicable professional and corporate standards, taking responsibility for overall schedule, quality, accuracy, compliance, client satisfaction, service and financial performance
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts, including outside of normal business hours, by understanding the higher education market, fostering client relationships, maintaining an active role in professional organizations and supporting proposal development and interviews
- Mentor project staff / studio team, offer performance coaching and participate in recruiting and interviewing
- Suggest process improvements for the Studio
- Continue your education through seminars and participation in professional organizations
- Assist in corporate engagement objectives, including community involvement, by promoting MSKTD’s reputation through good client relations and communications and fostering commitment to external and internal client service
- Education: Bachelors or better in Architecture or related field from an American Accredited School of Architecture
- Registered Architect (Indiana), with at least 15 years of project management experience leading medium- to large-scale architectural projects of varying types and complexity for Higher Education clients
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a multi-disciplinary team setting, managing, collaborating, mentoring and ensuring client satisfaction
- Thorough understanding of various types of project delivery models with ability to lead design, coordination and construction administration efforts through all project phases, including serving as a leadership resource with the client, contractors and internal teams
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Revit, BlueBeam, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with experience using financial management, reporting and resource planning and scheduling software
MSKTD & Associates offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including health/life insurance (HSA), 401(k), 401(k) match, bonus pay as profits and performance permit, and reimbursement for continuing education.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Please include the word “Employment” in the subject line or your email will not get past our spam filter.