Mechanical Engineer (Fort Wayne, Indiana)
Compensation: Competitive compensation, health/life insurance, vacation/holidays, 401k program and bonus pay as profits and performance permit.
Our Fort Wayne office is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 2-7 years of designing academic, commercial, healthcare, and industrial facilities or similar related experience to work closely with Project Architects/Managers/Engineers in developing project designs and documentation.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university for engineering. This position will require strong communication, time management, and organization skills. Candidate must be able to show initiative, carry basic concepts and ideas to completion with minimal direction and guidance, and work efficiently and productively in a team-based organization; additionally, site observation responsibilities, as well as field documentation and analysis of existing buildings. Working knowledge of engineering software, spreadsheets, word processing software and Adobe products are a plus. Working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit is a must. Candidate must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
This is a full time position with an immediate start date. Education requirement of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology. EIT certification or Professional Engineering License is a plus.
Other skills we are looking for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Client interaction
- Project due diligence
- Code review
- Field work and field measuring of facilities
- Preliminary layout and conceptual design
- Coordination with architectural and other engineering disciplines
- Construction document production
- Shop drawing/submittal review
- Construction administration
- Plumbing and Sprinkler System design
- Energy Modeling
- Punctual and Responsible
- Experience and proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the IMC and similar model codes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work and put in additional time when project deadlines require the effort
- Must be a team player!
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format to email@example.com.
Please include the word “employment” in the subject line or your email will not get past our spam filter.